Become a designer in demand
Communication design is a growth industry, with strong demand for designers who are skilled visual communicators across graphic design, traditional print work, as well as digital media extensions and multidisciplinary design.
Nationally recognised and highly respected, Billy Blue Bachelor of Communication Design is a comprehensive design qualification that has been developed and is taught by leaders in the visual communication design world: from brand and design consultants, to graphic designers and creative directors.
In this degree you will focus on the creation of visual messages, ideas and information for a range of audiences. You will develop broad visual communication design skills informed by theoretical and technical knowledge and able to apply those skills to real-world graphic design outcomes.
Throughout the course you will explore essential areas of communication design including; typography, image generation, branding, information design, packaging and branded environments. An emphasis on creativity, design thinking, collaborative practice and problem-solving will add depth to your practice.
You’ll graduate a highly qualified designer with in-demand skills and a professional-caliber portfolio to land serious work in the ever exciting, always evolving creative industries.
KEY STUDY OUTCOMES:
- Real-life industry experience
- Design thinking, collaborative practice and problem-solving skills
- Graphic design, print work and digital media skills
- Theoretical and technical design knowledge
- Communication design knowledge
GENERAL ADMISSIONS CRITERIA
Year 12 equivalent to ATAR 60.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE ADMISSIONS CRITERIA
This course is open for international student to apply. Please see entry requirements for more information.
Approved English tests include:
- IELTS 6.0, with no subscore less than 5.5
CREATIVE ADMISSIONS CRITERIA
If you do not meet the ATAR requirements, you can apply through Special Entry.
Special Entry Requirements:
Demonstrated ability to undertake study at the required level:
- Broadly relevant work experience (documented e.g. CV), demonstrating a reasonable prospect of success; OR
- formal, informal or non-formal study, completed or partially completed, demonstrating a reasonable prospect of success; OR
- written submission to demonstrate reasonable prospect of success; OR
- discipline specific portfolio (art and/or design) – applicable to Design only.
Workload and assessment
NO. OF TIMETABLED HOURS PER WEEK:
Each subject involves 10 hours of study per week, comprising 4 timetabled study hours and 6 personal study hours.
TYPICAL ASSESSMENT INCLUDES:
Practical assignments, research projects, presentations and reports
- Art Director
- Book & publication design
- Branding & identity design
- Design strategy
- Design thinking
- Graphic design
- Information architecture
- Interactive design
- Interface design
- Marketing & promotion
- Visual communication
- Web design
最後にJanuary 24, 2018を更新