IB is a broad business study programme covering all departments of a company: from general management to human resources, marketing and finance.
The programme aims at preparing you for a management position within an international business environment. Examples of projects you will work on are; writing a business plan for a company, managing the acquisition of a foreign company or advising organisations on whether to stay or leave a market.
After your studies, you will be able to either lead a company, manage one of its many departments or start up your own company.
After your studies
The International Business programme offers excellent opportunities in internationally operating companies. These can either be multinationals or international companies in your own country. You will have a great many possibilities to start a career in any exciting place in the world.
The programme has a broad scope, which offers you a wide range of professional perspectives. You can think of positions in the field of:
- business and management
- employee in an international marketing or export department
- export manager
- international project manager
- management assistant within a multinational company
- international key account manager
- global product manager
- operations manager
Furthermore, the IB programme prepares you to set up your own business.
Students about this programme
My name is Joy Oloton and I am 21 years old. I was born in Nigeria, in Africa. At the age of eleven I moved to Germany. And now, I am a first year student studying International Business and Management Studies at Fontys in Venlo.
I chose this study programme because I have always been interested in this area. Before I started studying, I completed my A-Level in Germany. I appreciate the study course because it is very broad and the atmosphere among the students is relaxed. Besides, the relationship with the lecturers is good because they are open-minded.
Diplomas and Certificates
As a prospective Bachelor's student, you must have a diploma of higher secondary education that is equivalent to Dutch standards. This means:
For Dutch students:
- VWO-, HAVO- or MBO-diploma level 4
For students of other nationalities:
- International Baccalaureate Diploma (IB programme)
- General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE) and General Certificate of Education (GCE). Requirements: at least 6 different exam subjects in total. Minimum for the examined subjects is 4 GCSE subjects with grades A*, A, B or C and 2 GCE subjects at A/S Level (no specific grade required). A/S Level means advanced subsidiary level (previously advanced supplementary level)
- Any equivalent education (to be compared by our institution)
Since every country has its own school system we will check your diploma once we have received it from you. In this way we can compare it to the required Dutch standards.
Please take note that the actual diploma has to be submitted August 15th at the latest. If you receive your diploma later than that it will not be possible to apply for the September 2018 intake.
最後にDecember 13, 2017を更新